Wednesday, April 7, 2010

37 Days...where did the time go???

Well I am supposed to be running 42.2 km in 37 days and my training has been non-existent.  Sure I have "run" but I have not been "training".  I have not done a long run in ages and am feeling awful about it.

March is always a hard month - we have 3 birthdays, march break (which means a week of entertaining the kids) and then Easter (read: ate too many chocolate eggs!!!).  I have baked cakes and cupcakes, ate pizza and just pretty much struggled to get out just to get in a few km's at a time.

So...now what to do.  I am not giving up...I am way too stubborn for that! But running a full marathon in 37 days will not be pretty...and I will have to lower my time expectations.  I think at this point I am just going to focus on getting out for some key runs to get my mileage up and just plan to cross the finish line up right and smiling.

1 comment:

  1. atta girl, keep at it. Get your long runs in and you will be good. 2-3 3 hour runs and you are good to go.

    ReplyDelete