Sunday, December 20, 2009

"Rest" period...

I don't think this is what they mean when they say to take a break from running during your off season! My last run was December 6th and other than one attempt at the bike trainer (30 minutes) I have done nothing!! That being said - I have been really sick with a sinus infection, cough and laryngitis and extremely busy with work and holiday functions therefore making running a near impossibility.

However - I think I am finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel and am very anxious to get out running again. I think setting up this blog (which I am still trying to figure out)and the fact that I can sort of breath through my nose again - I am ready to get out there.

So - as we are now 5 days away from Christmas and 1 week away from officially starting my spring training program I figure I will put my 2010 goals out here.

1. Sub 3 hour 30 km @ Around The Bay - March 28th
2. 4:15 Full Marathon @ Mississauga - May 16th

Those are the two biggies for the spring. I would also like to do another triathlon - possibly a Sprint or Olympic distance - I am just not sure which one yet. The Acura 10 miler or 5 km is also on the list. I was a spectator at it this year and it looked awesome. I also heard the course was fantastic. I will have to see what distance fits best into my schedule. I would also like to do another Half in the fall somewhere between a 1:50 - 1:54. I am sure I will do Scotiabank and Angus Glen as they are both great races. Scotia for the crowds and elites and Angus - well a great small town race where I ran a smokin' fast PB :-)

The rest I will leave open for now as I am still debating. I believe I am heading to Ottawa again to see my best friend and also to cheer on some friends who will be racing. I may just do a 10 km or easy half there for fun. I guess I better get my butt moving!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment